Day Four of the 7-Day Challenge ((nominated by lovely Laura from The View From My Window)
The white horse on the hill
Just before I close my eyes before meditation, a vision appears of a beautiful white horse on a green hilltop. The white horse, with its calm demeanour, looks directly towards me and waits. I have arrived home.
This morning I stopped along one of the backroads in the Samford Valley, sounds far but is only around 15 kilometres as the crow flies (really, this long distance travel is brutal). I took several photographs of brown horses, paddocks, trees, and flowers. And then I saw it, a white horse grazing on the far side of a green hill; the star of today’s challenge.
As I neared the fence it too came closer until we stood eyeballing each other (photo below).
Throughout the ages and cultures, legends speak of a white horse :
- In Revelations 6:1 one of the Four Horsemen rode a white horse
- The winged white horse Pegasus is one of the best known creatures in Greek mythology, not surprising considering its Mum and Dad are Poseidon and Medusa
- In Chinese mythology there is Longma a winged horse with dragon scales, also known as a dragon horse
- The Uffington White Horse figure dating back to the Bronze Age, is situated on White Horse Hill (where else?) in Oxfordshire England
- In Hindu mythology the king of horses is a seven headed white horse called Uchchaihshravas
- Even the Lone Ranger rode a white horse called Silver
What a pleasure it was meeting this white horse today 🙂