Life handed him a lemon,
As Life sometimes will do.
His friends looked on in pity,
Assuming he was through.
They came upon him later,
Reclining in the shade
In calm contentment, drinking
A glass of lemonade.”
~ Clarence Edwin Flynn, The Rotarian, 1940, Page 62
Life throws the occasional curveball often without warning, and when it hits its target, it can leave the recipient gasping in pain. So when life gives you lemons and you’ve caught your breath, take the time to contemplate the big picture, become curious, check what life lesson is unfolding, research, read, learn, reframe, call on your support team, and above all, keep your sense of humour – oh and make that lemonade – share it with your friends, neighbours – heck anyone game enough to try it.
In the big scheme of things life is too short to spend time and energy on things which have next to no value. The spirit soars and is nourished when:
- we live our values;
- we learn new things which expand our perspective;
- we live our passions;
- we have purpose and meaning;
- we spend time quality time with family, friends, like-minded individuals;
- we discover, or rediscover, our divine nature;
- we have fun, laugh, love, travel, bake, cook, entertain, read, write, and read some more;
- we do what is interesting; and
- a whole lot more.
The posts found here are a mix of topics from Shapeshifting Bird Days, Ms Luna and her Mysterious Moods, to The Ultimate Music Concert Starring – Plants or Four Perspectives of the Brisbane Planetarium
Some posts are mainstream, while others not so much and have been written with the intention to entertain, to contemplate upon, and for something to read when you can’t find anything else on the internet. I almost forgot, there are photographs, lots of photographs from a WordPress course I did earlier this year – and ‘met’ some incredibly talented and wonderful people!
Now that my love of photography has returned, there will be even more photographs in future posts.
About me personally?
- I’m about looking at life from different angles
- I’m curious about life, the world, and the Universe
- I’m an eternal student and live by the motto ‘learning is easy, learning is fun’
- I’m often heard asking ‘Why?’ ‘How come?’
- Humour helps me overcome life’s trials and tribulations – all those darned lemons!
- Life is short so I make a point of experiencing different things (jobs, travel, food, music etc)
- I’m into healthy living but also love decadent treats such as chocolate and raspberry mousse cake, red velvet cupcakes, or peanut and caramel ice-cream – that’s when I stand upon my mountain top yelling out YOLO!!! Only to pay the price later with mountain climbers or burpees
- I can do anything I set my mind to
- I love to write (that’s why I’m here), and have added copywriter to my resume
- I love to take photographs
- I’m going to be an astronaut in my next life and going to Mars
When life gives you lemons, put on a nose and hat 😉